The ETH_M32 is a development board with an ATMega644 and an ENC28J60 Ethernet controller. It is a board designed by Ulrich Radig and is available as assembly kit for hobbyists. The recommended Software for the board is newStack1_2_7 from Ulrich Radigs Web page.
- Ethernet Controller ENC28J60 available as linux tunneling device.
- Serial Interface can be connected to minicom using a "ptmx" pseudo terminal.
- HD44780 LCD controller simulation.
- The command interpreter of Ullrich radigs Software does not work in the linux console (stdin/stdout) because it uses only carriage return for line separation and linux terminals use newline. Use the "ptmx" mode with minicom or fix it in the Software. The proposed way is: "Use newline for line separation and throw away carriage returns".
- The HD44780 LCD controller works only between 13-16 MHz CPU speed and not always correctly because the initialisation in Ulrich Radigs Software relies on a timing bug.