The Renesas RX is a 32 Bit Microcontroller with a very fast Flash memory. Softgun can simulate the complete instruction set of the RX62N including its FPU.
Currently the Instruction set simulation off a Renesas RX reaches about 170 MHz on a single core of an Intel Core I7 (Sandy brige). So it is fast enough for simulating a 100 MHz RX if your computer is new.
- Interrupt control Unit (ICU)
- Compare Match Timer unit (CMT)
- IO-Port module (Only basic functionality)
- Serial Communication Interface (SCI) Async,Sync (SPI mode), fixed baudrate, incomplete)
- Hardware CRC module
- Internal Data Flash and Code Flash (ROM)
- Clock module
Currently there is no board using this CPU coming with softgun because the only board which is implemented is copyrighted.